If you are a junior in high school right now, it’s definitely time to start thinking about your college visits – a perfect time to see what a school you might be considering is really like without solely relying on their website or brochure. With all of the colleges out there, how do you begin to narrow your college search? Check back with our blog frequently (or better yet-sign up below to get our blog sent straight to your email), as we will be posting things we have observed on our most recent college visits.
5 Things You Might Know:
• APU is a small, private Christian college divided into a West and East campus in Azusa, CA. The average class size is 19 students.
• Cost to attend with room and board is approximately $40,000 a year.
• Enrollment for 2012-2013 was around 5,500 undergrad students and approximately 10,000 total students.
• Will be in its 3rd year of transitioning to NCAA Div.2, with full membership anticipated for 2014-2015. (7 men’s sports and 10 women’s.)
• The second largest Christian University in the U.S., 1st largest on the West Coast.
5 Things You Might Not Know About APU:
•Approximately 2,300 students have an on-campus job, working 10-15 hours a week, around their class schedule.
• A trolley runs every 7 minutes, taking you back and forth between the East Campus and the West.
•Chapel is required 3x a week, along with 18 units of Biblical Studies.
• When you arrive at APU you will be given a Strengths Assessment that will help you in choosing a major (or help in confirming your choice- based on your results.)
• There is a greenhouse on the roof of the Segerstrom Science building. A BBQ is held monthly on the patio for the Science professors and students.
Azusa Pacific focuses on its 4 cornerstones of Christ, Scholarship, Service, and Community. It offers many opportunities to develop oneself in these ways. APU also is very clear on its beliefs: make sure to do your research at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe/ to decide if APU might be the right fit for you!