College Visits are a great way to check out a college for yourself, and see how you feel on the campus. Summer visits don’t give you the usual hustle and bustle feel, but there will usually be some students there, and a quiet, subdued visit is better than no visit at all!
If you are a sophomore or junior in high school right now, it’s definitely time to start thinking about your college visits – a perfect time to see what a school you might be considering is really like without solely relying on their website or brochure. Seniors might choose to make a visit before they send off their applications, or wait until they have been accepted instead. With all of the colleges out there, how do you begin to narrow your college search? Check back with our blog frequently (or better yet-sign up to get our blog sent straight to your email), as we will be posting things we have observed on our most recent college visits.
Today, the KaMi Spotlight is on Texas Christian University, located in Fort Worth, TX. The pictures are from our visit there in June of 2015.
5 Things You Might Know:
• A campus filled with an infinite amount of school spirit. Their mascot, the Horned Frog, can be found everywhere on campus.
• Division I, and part of the Big 12 Conference.
• Enrollment for 2014 was approximately 10,033 students.
• Cost to attend (2015-2016) is $53,480 a year.
• The student to faculty ratio is 13:1, with an average class size of 27.
5 Things You Might Not Know About TCU:
• TCU has active and involved students…there are over 200 clubs and organizations and 35 fraternities and sororities to choose from.
• There is a two year on-campus living requirement.
• Besides the many places to eat on campus, a student’s Frog Bucks are accepted at 30 locations around town.
• Students are required to take one class of Religious Traditions, but there isn’t a chapel requirement.
• TCU offers 8 colleges and schools with over 100 majors from Actuarial Science to Writing. Students take a core curriculum that stays with them if they change their major.
TCU offers big-time athletics, opportunities, and experiences in Ft. Worth, the 17th largest city in the U.S. (and where “cowboy meets culture”). If you get to visit here, you will have lots to do and see!